DEFCON 19 was in Las Vegas, NV from August 4-5, 2011. This yearly computer network security and hacker conference is full of cutting-edge research, detailed demos, awesome presentations, and a lot of partying. The podcast coverage was pretty good also. Here are my recommendations:
- Network Security Podcast
- Southern Fried Security Podcast: #59 Defcon Review
- Social-Engineer.Org: Live at Defcon 19
- PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 254 Part 2 (08-11-2011) [wiki]
- Exotic Liability: #78 Con-dom
- Eruo-Trash Information Security Podcast
If you are interested in hearing my thoughts about DEFCON 19 then check out the PaulDotCom.com podcast (08-11-2011). I am the boring "IT Guy" trying to avoid the topic of "hot" women visiting the PaulDotCom.com booth. If you'd like to see a copy of my notes (13+ pages) then drop me a personal email to: "s h o l d e n @pobox.com."