Monday, August 22, 2011
DEFCON 19 Podcast Review
DEFCON 19 was in Las Vegas, NV from August 4-5, 2011. This yearly computer network security and hacker conference is full of cutting-edge research, detailed demos, awesome presentations, and a lot of partying. The podcast coverage was pretty good also. Here are my recommendations:
- Network Security Podcast
- Southern Fried Security Podcast: #59 Defcon Review
- Social-Engineer.Org: Live at Defcon 19
- PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 254 Part 2 (08-11-2011) [wiki]
- Exotic Liability: #78 Con-dom
- Eruo-Trash Information Security Podcast
If you are interested in hearing my thoughts about DEFCON 19 then check out the PaulDotCom.com podcast (08-11-2011). I am the boring "IT Guy" trying to avoid the topic of "hot" women visiting the PaulDotCom.com booth. If you'd like to see a copy of my notes (13+ pages) then drop me a personal email to: "s h o l d e n @pobox.com."
Another Week Of Recommended Podcasts Worth A Listen
- MacCast 2011-07-26: Review of Apple Mac OS X Lion Release (News, Tips & Tricks)
- Author Debriefing (August 16, 2011) - The Triple Agent: The al-Qaeda Mole Who Infiltrated the CIA
- Southern Fried Security Podcast: Interview with Andy Ellis @CSOAndy [#58] & Interview with Rich Mogull [#57]
- IT Pro Show by Same3Guys: Detailed look at OpenStack
- KPBS Midday Edition: Social Media - Can It Keep You From Getting A Job?
- This Week In Google (TWIG) #108: Excellent coverage of the Google & Motorola News
Sunday, August 21, 2011
@technewsradio Posts You Might Have Missed
- SitePoint has announced "Build Your Own Wicked WordPress Themes - Create Versatile WordPress Themes That Really Sell" http://t.co/t9K7dMg
- iPhone: The Missing Manual, 4th Edition (by David Pogue) covers iPhone 4 & All Other Models with iOS 4 Software http://t.co/SMBNX2d
- Some great web-based cipher (i.e. encryption) tools posted to: http://t.co/gBerYw6
- Franklin Covey's Plan Plus Online has been updated for business workgroups that allows for team so collaborate between team members
- DJ Amber's latest CD release -- neo.maximal -- is available at http://t.co/SkH0LIr
- O'Reilly & Josh Clark have teamed up for a new Apple iOS programming & user interface design book called Tapworthy http://t.co/dEuvB5T
- Oracle has released VirtualBox 4.1.2 which improves stability and fixes regressions. Download via: http://t.co/rODJspx
- Roku has announced upgraded Roku 2 hardware: HD ($60), XD ($80) & XS ($100) #besthomevideostreaming
- Change your logon screen for Mac OS X Lion via these tips on MacRumors: http://t.co/G5Qf2vq
- Want to display your hard drives on your Mac OS Lion desktop? Tip here: http://t.co/o9XMKUa
- Are smash & grab tactics going to be something that grows? I don't think an adversary cares one way or the other http://bit.ly/nygX1B
Saturday, August 20, 2011
TECH NEWS RADIO PODCAST #372 | 2011-08-20 | Browser Phishing, National Cyber Range & Microphone Hijack
Listen! (Size 2.9 MBs, Running Time 2m57s)
Today's podcast examines three stories about computer network security:
- New browser tab and window phishing attack threats.
- Barry Rosenber at Federal Computer Week examines DARPA's National Cyber Range plans.
- Tim Wilson at DarkReading.com has coverage of new microphone hijacking attack options.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
This Week's Tech Podcasts Worth A Listen
- Windows Weekly 221: Mango, Windows 7 security, Hotmail, etc.
- MobileTechRoundup 245: tablet news, new phones, latest mobile updates
- Security Now 313: How The Internet Works: ICMP & UDP
- Marketplace Tech Report: 911, eBooks, riots, fantasy footboll, Wikipedia
- Typical Mac User Podcast 237: Lion FDE, Dropbox, PadPivot And Denoising Audio
- Wall Street Journal Tech News Briefing: All the latest business tech news fro WSJ.com