Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Sad News - Passing Of Marc Orchant
Marc was a great technology friend who I was very privileged to meet in person and share some time with at eTech 2007. In fact the interview with Attensia that I recorded at that conference was because of Marc's introductions. He was always looking out for others and trying to help where he could. Thank you!
My prayers are with his family and friends. He will be very missed.
Friday, December 07, 2007
Administrivia - Update On Marc Orchant
In the last podcast I posted, #340, I mentioned Eric Mack's recent interview with Marc Orchant was a must listen to. And it still is, but I did want to let TechNewsRadio.com listeners know that Marc Orchant is very ill. He suffered a very serious heart attack on Sunday, 12/2 and is still in very critical condition in the hospital.
The best place I've found for updates is via my friend Michael Sampson's Effective Collaboration site.
Please keep Marc, his family, and his friends in your prayers.
I could not say this with more conviction, Marc is one of the nicest, most helpful technologists I have met through podcasting & blogging, and I am pulling for him with all the effort I can muster.
Saturday, December 01, 2007
TECH NEWS RADIO PODCAST #340 | 070918 | Discussions on: Future Tense, CIO Podcast, IInnovate, Controlling Chaos, Eric Mack, JKOnTheRun, Radio Lab, Technorama, Kevin Devin, Engadget
Listen! (Size 6.8 MBs, Running Time 14m35s)
This podcast is sponsored by SCOTTEVEST (SeV) - makers of fine tech clothing.
Today's Tech News Radio podcast examines a review of information technology related podcasts, and news items related to the tech podcast marketplace. This is our 7th edition of this format and comments are welcome at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The promo played in this show is from Mortgages Made Simple.
Specific podcast recommendations mentioned in this podcast include:
- TimeSys Embedded Linux Podcasts
- Jon Gordon's NPR Future Tense
- Mark Frauenfelder "Rule the Web"
- CIO Podcast
- iinnovate podcast
- Controlling Chaos on MindJet Jet Packs
- Eric Mack Online
- Marc Orchant
- JKOnTheRun's TabletPC Podcast
- WNYC's Radio Lab "Emergence" Podcast
- Dr. Robert Ballard @ Technorama
- Kevin Devin @ In The Trenches
Additional links mentioned include:
- Steve Holden @ Twitter
- CNET News.com Security Bites Podcast
- Download Squad's Google Reader Podcast Support News
- The Bungie Podcast @ XBOX 360 Fan Boy
- BusinessWire's New Security Podcast Announced
- InfoWorld's New High-Performance Computing (HPC) Podcast Announced
- SC Magazine's Frank Washkuch talks with Doug Bowers, Symantec
- Sean Coates & Paul Reinheimer new podcast at PHPDeveloper.org
- TypePad supports NowLive’s Talk Show widget
- The SOA Consortium's Governance Roundtable Podcast
- WSJ.com new video podcast called "Andy Jordan's Tech Diary"
- Wired on Leo Laporte's TWIT Podcast Network
- The Business Podcasting Book: Launching, Marketing, and Measuring Your Podcast
- Mark Ellwood & Steve Heiner are on new Nikon podcast
- The 8th Episode of Google Developer Podcast examines Google Data API and the Atom Publishing Protocol
- Everex is bundling Open Office on select systems this Holiday system [PR Newswire]
- Changes at Network World: Gearhead by Mark Gibbs & CoolTools by Keith Shaw
December 1, 2007 in Books, Business, Collaboration, Development, Enterprise, FriendsInTech.com, Gadget, Games, Linux, Macintosh, Media, Microsoft, Mobile, Networking, Open Source, Podcast, Podcasting, Security, Tablet PC, Technology, Tips, Windows | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack