TECH NEWS RADIO PODCAST #329 | 070417 | Tech News From MaximumPC & PC World Plus eTech Interview With Linspire
Listen! (Size 9.0 MBs, Running Time 19m25s)
This podcast is sponsored by SCOTTEVEST (SeV) - makers of fine tech clothing.
Today's Tech Rag Tear Outs examines the latest from MaximumPC on the
Zalman CPU cooling technologies, and some reviews of MP3 players. Plus we review the
different Microsoft Vista options using a reference guide from PC
World, and there are some additional Vista related posts that may be of
interest at: sholden.typepad.com/vista.
In addition, we have an eTech 2007 recorded interview with Linspire that discusses the following items:
- Where 2.0 Conference
- O'Reilly Release 2.0 Magazine
- Bill Moggridge's "Designing Interactions"
- Rael Dornfest
- Tim O'Reilly
- O'Reilly Radar
- Arthur Benjamin's "Secrets of Mental Math"
- DIY & Hacker Ethic: MAKE magazine, CRAFT magazine
- Ubiqutious WI-FI: Chumby platform, Threadless.com
- Collaboration & Attention: Twitter, Facebook, Jaiku, AttentionTrust
- Web 2.0 business applications: wesabe.com, Open Planning Project, TradeStation, SwiftTrade
- New solutions: freebase - semantic database, Adobe's Apollo
- Jeff Hawkins at Numenta
- Jeff Jonas at IBM on "Advanced Analytics"
- "Incantations of Muggles" by Danah Boyd
Our topic eight technologies that we thought had potential to help IT professionals in the near-term:
- Amazon's S3 (Storage), EC2 (Processors), and SQS (Messaging) technologies
- Sun Microsystems Project Blackbox
- Yahoo! Pipes
- RSS Tools like Attensa Feed Server, RSS Bus, and Newsgator
- Zimbra new offline email client
- Adobe's Apollo
- Scott Berkun new book "The Myths of Innovation" [NOTE: His previous book "The Art of Project Management" is also highly recommend.]
- Microsoft's Deepfish
Also don't forget to check out our eTech 2007 OPML format conference notes posted to Grazr.com.