Friday, October 27, 2006
FIT's Server Room Of Horrors 2006 Posted
Fresh from the digital mastering equipment is the 2006 edition of Friends In Tech's Server Room of Horrors for your Halloween listening enjoyment. [digg, popcurrent]
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO PODCAST #310 | 061017 | Mobile Gear: Bose Headphones - Latest Audio Players From Creative, Apple, iRiver, & Archos - WiFi Skype Phones
Links to products mentioned in this podcast include:
- Bose QuietComfort2 & QuietComfort3 headphones
- Creative Zen V Plus 2-GB audio player
- ThinkOutside BoomTube H20 portable speakers
- Apple 8-GB iPod Nano player
- SanDisk Sansa e260 & e280 audio players
- iRiver Clix 2-GB audio player
- COWON iAudio 6 audio player
- Archos 104 with 4-GB audio player
- Archos 604 with 30-GB multimedia player
- Belkin WiFi Phone for Skype
- Netgear SPH101 WiFi phone for Skype
- UTStarcom F100 Wifi phone for Vonage
During this podcast we also review Internet movie download services, if you have any experiences you'd like to share about Internet movie sites (like CinemaNow, Apple iTunes, MovieLink, or Amazon Unbox) then please join the discussion at Forums.FriendsInTech.com.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO PODCAST #309 | 061010 | Conference Updates - Management, Development, IT, Sysadmin, Security, Architecture, Engineering
This podcast (published by AztecMedia.net) is a summary of upcoming information technology (IT) related conferences that should be of interest to IT professionals.
The conferences listed in this podcast are organized into the following themes: Project Management Software & Web Development, Computer Network Security, IT & System Administration, Systems Architecture & Knowledge Engineering, and Government & Military.
Links mentioned in this podcast include:
- CompuMaster's Project Mgmt for IT Pros
- Franklin Covey 7 Habits of Highly Effective People for Managers
- CIO 2007 - The Year Ahead
- Software as a Service
- Software Testing Analysis & Review
- Software Development Best Practices Seminars
- CompuMaster's San Diego Conference for Adobe PhotoShop Users
- Mike Tech Show
- SAN Secure Coding: Principles and Practices
- FINSEC 2006
- Jersey Boys Podcast
- The Internet Telephony Conference & Expo
- Large Installation Systems Administration Conference (LISA) 2006
- Knowledge Management World 2006
- Data Warehouse 2.0 Conference
- The Hammer and Company's "Redesigning the Practice of Management: Re-engineering Governing Processes with World Class Results"
- Technology Training
- NASA Tech Brief National NANO Engineering Conference
- TechNet Asia-Pacific
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO #308 | 061003 | PME2006, Google, Forbes, MaxStreams, ATCOM, Baseline, Token Security, Infoblox, EVDO, Bluetooth, System Mgmt
This podcast is in a traditional Tech Rag Tear Outs format looking at content published for September 2006 from: Fortune, Forbes, NASA Tech Briefs, MobileEnterpriseMag.com, Baseline Magazine, SCMagazine.com, KMWORLD.com, Communications News, CIO Magazine, and Network Computing.
Topics mentioned during this podcast (URLs TBD):
- Podcast & Portable Media Expo 2006
- Fortune's Google article
- Forbes: "The Cheap Revolution: Free software. Bargin chips. The always-on Internet" & FreshDirect
- MaxStream.net ZigBee Mesh Network devices
- Dave Slusher @ Evil Genius Chronicles
- ATCOM's AU-600 USB gateway for SKYPE
- Quad Interface Elite-AL Pro external hard drive
- Baseline articles: "How To Calculate Return On Investment or ROI" and "Blade Servers: Does Smaller Mean Better? Blade servers offer a compact, powerful alternative to traditional rackmount servers and a new set of concerns, including cooling and interoperability with other equipment."
- Token Authentication: RSA SecureID & SecureComputing.com's SafeWord Premiere Access 4.0
- Douglas E. Welch's Career Opportunities
- Lakeville Area Public School District
- Infoblox appliances
- SENA Technologies Parani-SD Series Bluetooth Serial Adapters
- Digi International ConnectPort WAN VPN S-EVDO (that competes with devices from Kyocera and Junxion Box)
- Eric Rice
- Altiris Server Mgmt Suite 6.0
- LanDesk Server Manager 8.7
- PatchLink Update 6.2
- Microsoft's Systems Center
- Service Monitoring Language (SML)
October 3, 2006 in Collaboration, Conferences, Development, Enterprise, FriendsInTech.com, Gadget, Linux, Macintosh, Microsoft, Mobile, Networking, Open Source, Podcast, Podcasting, Storage, Tech Rag Tear Outs, Technology, Tips | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack
TechNewsRadio on Career Opportunities Podcast
Monday, October 02, 2006
Podcast Directory Discussion Audio and Thoughts
I had a pretty good time doing it once the crowd got use to the idea that I wanted to have a discussion vice me just speaking to the crowd on the topic. And I think it went well overall - no one seemed to leave during the discussion and there was always a good crowd around the booth. Hats off to the Podango folks for a great idea and for letting me participate.
I can't say that we really solved anything during the 30 minutes of discussion, but people seemed to agree with the problem areas I presented. The solution probably requires that podcasters will need to become united on a short list of requirements or standards that can hold directories responsible for by either endorsement or ratings.
After the discussion I had a couple of great interactions. A couple of sites that seem to be headed in the right direction are:
NOTE: If you want a copy of the PDF of the presentation send me email - email@example.com.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
TechNewsRadio on Technorama
You can check out the fun via this link.