The current TechNewsRadio.com's sponsor SCOTTEVEST is having a major clearance sale through Sunday, October 8th 2006. Some items are at most 75% off regular price.
On Friday, Sep. 29, 2006 from 4:15-4:45 p.m. I am hosting a discussion on Podcast Directories at the Podango sponsored Unconference which is at their booth at the 2006 Podcast and Portable Media Expo (PME).
TECH NEWS RADIO #307 | 060926 | HoneyPot, SharePoint, Programming, Open Source, Gateways, Sparkline, AJAX Security Tools, SameTime
Reference links mentioned in this podcast include:
- German Honeypot Project recent report
- Colligo For SharePoint for offline access
- Multi-processor programming: Java Concurrency in Practice, Intel's Threading Building Blocks for C++, and Java Community Process Expert Group on Concurrency
- Open Service Oriented Architecture (SOA & ESB): Apache's Service Mix 1.0, Mule 1.3, Celtix 1.0 from Iona Technologies, FUSE ESB 1.2, Sun's OpenESB, JBOSS ESB
- Pure Digital Technologies Point and Shoot camcorder for simple DIVX videos
- FaceTime RT Guardian for Internet gateway security protection
- Sparkline Generator Web Application and Bissantz SparkMaker for better graph visualization
- ExpressCard coming to set-top boxes
- Serena Software's Dimensions 10 for change governance
- IBM SameTime v7.5 SDK
- Security Tools for AJAX Applications: Cenzic's Hailstorm, SPI Dynamics, Finjan's Vital Security Web Appliance, & Apache's XAP. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
TECH NEWS RADIO #306 | 060919 | Testing Tools, Linux Mobile, OS Apps, Free IT Mgmt, Email Security, Mobile Pentration Tool, Data Encryption
Today's Tech Rag Tear Outs (TRTO) podcast has detailed summary coverage of articles and resources from the following sources: Sybase iAnywhere Survival Kit, Software Developer Times, Forbes, eWeek, Information Week, Network World, and SC Magazine.
There is also a microbrew recommendation for Big Sky Brewing Co seasonal Summer Honey Ale that is brewed in Missoula, Montana. And we play a little music from San Diego's amazing Blues harmonica muscian Billy Watson.
Links mentioned in this podcast include:
- Trolltech Greenphone
- Spiceworks IT Desktop
- Valid Syntax Podcast
- Immunity's Silica with Canvas
- Dekart Private Disk
- DigiSAFE's DeskCrypt
- Data Encryption Systems DESLock+
- Centennial Software's DeviceWall
- SafeNet's ProtectDrive
- WinMagic's SecureDoc Enterprise Edition v4.2
- "Email Security Discussion" @ Forums.FriendsInTech.com
TECH NEWS RADIO #305 | 060912 | Small Color Laser Printers, All-In-One Printers, File Transfer, Core 2 Duo, Real Video iPod
This Tech Rags Tear Outs analysis segment looks at new printer recommendations from PC Magazine, a new file sharing service called Dliveo, a quick overview of some new Intel Core2 Duo laptops by Federal Computer Week (FCW), and a unique video player add-on for Apple Video iPods.
We also have a microbrew recommendation the English Style Pale Ale from Full Sail called 'Rip Curl' which brewed in Hood River, Oregon.
Links and productions mentioned during this podcast include:
- Xerox Phaser 6300DN (PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award)
- HP Color LaserJet 3600N (PC Magazine warning)
- Lexmark X7350 all-in-one (PC Magazine highest rating all-in-one when compared to: HP Officejet 4315, Samsung SCX-4100, and Brother MFC-5440cn)
- Laptops: Fujitsu LifeBook E8210, Toshiba Tecra A7, HP nx7400
- iLuv 7" tablet-style digital media player with support for iPod & DVDs
From my perspective, the main topics include Microsoft Vista RC1 and Office 2007 (beta).
It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed doing a 'live' one-pass podcast show format.
Here is TechNewsRadio.com's look at the latest technology podcasts that have crossed our inbox and listening ears.
First up, if you are into programming languages then you'll want to go over to TWIT.TV, and check out the following podcasts interviews with programming language leaders for: Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby On Rails.
Another great podcast that clears up the current state of 'WiMax' vs. 'Mobile WiMax' is an interview with Monica Paolini posted at Wi-Fi Networking News.
Douglas E. Welch from Career Opportunities recently provide members of FriendsInTech.com with a quick video tip on how to configure iTunes beyond its default settings to ensure that you don’t miss an episode of your favorite podcasts.
Other technology related podcasts that look interesting:
- Gaming: GameShout.com has podcasts PSP, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, & DS. Also Codemasters Online Gaming is now podcasting.
- SearchSecurity has posted a podcast with Dan Geer from Verdasys. SearchSAP.com examines the current job market for SAP specialists. And SearchOracle has an interview with Oracle security guru Peter Finnigan.
- Todd Bishop is podcasting about recent Microsoft acquisitions
- The CEO and Founder of Blip.TV is interviewed on a podcast for ElectricNews.net.
- ZDNET recently had a podcast on the latest news on RFID passports. The also had another podcast on "What you should know about virtualization."
- In related vitalization news, DABCC has a podcast discussing a new virtualization book. And Virtual Strategy Magazine has a podcast with with Kevin Epstein on the release of Scalent V/OE 2.0
- PC Magazine is going to start regular podcasts according to ABC News.
- The security company Sophos has reportedly started podcasting. One of the first topic was rootkits.
- Barry Schwartz @ Search Engine Roundtable has announced a new weekly podcast called 'The Search Pulse Engine Roundtable to compliment their existing podcast 'The Daily SearchCast.' This new podcast will include expert opinion and commentary from Ben Pfeiffer and Chris Boggs.
- If you are interested in E-Learning, then you might want to check out SyberWorks' podcast.
- ExpressDigital has created a customer focused podcast called "Digital Dialog." [popphoto.com]
TECH NEWS RADIO #304 | 060905 | Citrix, Shuttle XPC, Wired, RAID Storage, Digital Cameras, HP Docking Station
This podcast examines Citrix news from NetworkWorld.com, a new Core2 Duo miniPC from Shuttle.com, Wired's recent review of home RAID drive systems & new small digital carmeras, and a pointer to new HP notebook NAS Docking Station from MobileEnterpriseMag.com.
Additional links mentioned in this podcast include:
- Orbital Data
- Teros (now Citirx Applicaiton Firewall)
- Net6's SSL VPN
- Panasonic DMC-FX01
- Canon PowerShot SD600
- Pentax Optio A10