Tuesday, July 25, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO #298 | 060725 | Conferences and Books Pointers
This podcast covers the following technology conferences (and then some books):
- Software Development Best Practies Conference and Expo will be Sept 11-14 in Boston, MA.
- CTIA Wireless IT and Entertainment 2006 conference is in Los Angeles, CA from Sept 12-14.
- Knowledge Management World 2006 Conference & Expo will be Oct 31 through Nov 2 in San Jose, CA.
- Hammer and Company is offering five different process related seminars during the months of Sep-Dec 2006.
- Santa Clara University is holding a Information Technology Leadership Program from Oct. 17-19, 2006.
We also cover the following computer network security conferences:
- The Security Standard is going to be Sept 6-7, 2006 in Boston, MA.
- SANS Network Security 2006 will be Las Vegas, NV from Oct. 1-9, 2006. [Paul Dot Com's Security Weekly]
- Institute for Defense and Government Advancement is offering Tactical Information Assurance 2006 - Securing Critical Information to Protect the Warfighter in Arlington, CA from Oct. 23-25, 2006.
- ASIS International 2006 will be hosting their 52nd annual "Maximum Security" seminar and expo for this group in San Diego, Ca from Sept 25-28, 2006.
The last part of this podcast quickly examines some recently released O'Reilly and Assoicates Books that look pretty interesting:
- Combating Spyware in the Enterprise [O'Reilly]
- How to Cheat at Securing a Wireless Network [O'Reilly]
- RFID Security [O'Reilly]
- Configuring SonicWALL Firewalls [O'Reilly]
- Configuring Check Point NGX VPN-1/FireWall-1 [O'Reilly]
- Practical VoIP Security [O'Reilly]
- DNS and BIND (5th Edition) [O'Reilly]
- Nagios - System and Network Monitoring [O'Reilly]
- IPv6 Essentials (2nd Edition) [O'Reilly]
- Enterprise Integration with Ruby [O'Reilly]
- Virtualization with VMware ESX Server [O'Reilly]
- "Skype Hacks" by Andrew Sheppard [O'Reilly]
July 25, 2006 in Business, Collaboration, Conferences, Development, Enterprise, FriendsInTech.com, Linux, Mobile, Networking, Open Source, Podcast, Reference, Tech Tidbits Daily, Technology, Tips | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack
Friday, July 21, 2006
FriendsInTech.com members are asking our listeners to help in distributing a flier to those you think who might be interested in our podcast collective. Below is the link -
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO #297 | 060718 | Enterprise Wiki Solutions: BizWiki, SocialText, Splunk, JotSpot, and Atlassian
The technical products mentioned include:
Monday, July 17, 2006
Tech Podcasts Worth Checking Out (TNPR-001)
The technology podcast world continues to generate some great content. One core example is if you are or trying to become a Cisco networking guru, then you should check out the following great segments from fellow Friends In Tech member Kevin Devin & George Starcher's In The Trenches:
- 6/30/06: Setting up a Cisco router as a DHCP relay (wikinotes)
- 7/8/06: Setting up user accounts on Cisco gear (wikinotes)
- 7/15/06: Taking the CCNA Exam (wikinotes)
- How Microsoft IT Approaches Trustworthy Messaging with Windows Rights Management Services
- Microsoft IT Showcase: How Microsoft IT Does Intrusion Detection and Advanced Monitoring
Other items worth a quick listing:
- Latest Macintosh Gaming News
- Macintosh reseller Small Dog is podcasting and blogging
- InfoWorld on Virtualization
- Latest Nintendo Gaming News
- The Mobile Entertainment Industry Blog & Podcast
- KnowledgeStrom is indexing technical podcast information
- USAToday Personal Technology Podcast annouced
- Engadget is back online after nearly two months off
- High Definition Beat (HD Beat) has a regular podcast
- Interested in Ubuntu Linux 6.0.6?
- Sprint is podcasting, so is Tripwire, Newsgator, and Intel
- Robert Scoble is recommending podcasts from Feester's Scott Johnson
- On Computer America Radio 07/14/06 - Hour 1 had an interview with MatrixStream about their new IMX1020 1080P H.264 set top box
Also, if you are looking to search podcasts for a particular topic then you might want to check out AOL Podcast Search.
July 17, 2006 in Apple, Collaboration, Development, Enterprise, FriendsInTech.com, Gadget, Games, Linux, Macintosh, Microsoft, Mobile, Networking, Podcast, Podcasting, Recommendation, Sports, Storage, Technology, Weblogs, Windows | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO #296 | 060711 | Multiple Topics on Mobile, Software Development, Computer Network Security, and Networking
This podcast is in traditional Tech Rag Tear Outs format covering four main topic areas from sources like USA Today, Engadget, John C. Dvorak, PC Magazine, eWeek, MacWorld, Digg.com, Washington Post, and Airwise:
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT:
- COMPUTER NETWORK SECURITY:
Non-topic links and promo's played include:
- Typical Mac User Podcast
- Career Opportunities
- Amigo Fish
- Muisc: Billy Watson & Amber @ iamthedj.com
- Official Beer: American Hop Farm Ale's Farmhouse Oasthouse IPA [408-842-1000]
July 11, 2006 in Development, Enterprise, FriendsInTech.com, Gadget, Linux, Macintosh, Media, Microsoft, Mobile, Networking, Open Source, Podcast, Podcasting, Productivity, Security, Storage, Tech Rag Tear Outs, Technology | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
More On EMC
Thanks to several listeners who have recently provided some feedback on the EMC Analysis Segment podcast I recently posted.
Two other podcast related items with regards to EMC popped into my inbox:
- Phil Windley at IT Conversations had a good recommendation of David DeWalt's "Software Strategies in a Flat World" presentation and after listening to I have to agree it is pretty interesting listen. Mr. Dewalt is President of EMC Software Group.
- PodTech’s Michael Johnson examined EMC (and NetScout and AirMagnet) in a posted Part 4 segment recorded at Interop 2006 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
I have checked them both out and have to recommend them as great resources.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Listener Supported Donations Are Welcome
You can support TechNewsRadio.com's podcasts by listener supported donations via Amazon:
Or via PayPal:
Any donation made will be used to improve the podcast and pay for services like: hosting, downloads, marketing, and audio gear. Thanks! - Steve
Monday, July 03, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO #295 | 060703 | Apple News - Momentum Shift Underway?
Today we examine news in industry trade magazines about Apple, specifically:
- 13-inch MacBook Core Duo/1.83GHz
- 13-inch MacBook Core Duo/2.0GHz (black)
- Apple Intel-base Mac mini
- Apple Bookcamp
- Parallels Workstation 2.1
- Apple iMac with Intel Core Duo
- Apple MacBook Pro
Other links to products mentioned include: VMWare, and Intel's Virtualization Technology processor extensions.
Saturday, July 01, 2006
Dropping O'Reilly & Associates Safari Bookshelf Advertising
It should also be noted I have also unsubscribed from the Safari Bookshelf service that I personally signed up for because of this issue.