This podcast covers the following technology conferences (and then some books):
- Software Development Best Practies Conference and Expo will be Sept 11-14 in Boston, MA.
- CTIA Wireless IT and Entertainment 2006 conference is in Los Angeles, CA from Sept 12-14.
- Knowledge Management World 2006 Conference & Expo will be Oct 31 through Nov 2 in San Jose, CA.
- Hammer and Company is offering five different process related seminars during the months of Sep-Dec 2006.
- Santa Clara University is holding a Information Technology Leadership Program from Oct. 17-19, 2006.
We also cover the following computer network security conferences:
- The Security Standard is going to be Sept 6-7, 2006 in Boston, MA.
- SANS Network Security 2006 will be Las Vegas, NV from Oct. 1-9, 2006. [Paul Dot Com's Security Weekly]
- Institute for Defense and Government Advancement is offering Tactical Information Assurance 2006 - Securing Critical Information to Protect the Warfighter in Arlington, CA from Oct. 23-25, 2006.
- ASIS International 2006 will be hosting their 52nd annual "Maximum Security" seminar and expo for this group in San Diego, Ca from Sept 25-28, 2006.
The last part of this podcast quickly examines some recently released O'Reilly and Assoicates Books that look pretty interesting:
- Combating Spyware in the Enterprise [O'Reilly]
- How to Cheat at Securing a Wireless Network [O'Reilly]
- RFID Security [O'Reilly]
- Configuring SonicWALL Firewalls [O'Reilly]
- Configuring Check Point NGX VPN-1/FireWall-1 [O'Reilly]
- Practical VoIP Security [O'Reilly]
- DNS and BIND (5th Edition) [O'Reilly]
- Nagios - System and Network Monitoring [O'Reilly]
- IPv6 Essentials (2nd Edition) [O'Reilly]
- Enterprise Integration with Ruby [O'Reilly]
- Virtualization with VMware ESX Server [O'Reilly]
- "Skype Hacks" by Andrew Sheppard [O'Reilly]