« TECH NEWS RADIO #275 | 060331 | Amazon S3, Red Hat, Zen, SUSE, VMWare, Virtualization, Computer World, Network World, Information Week | Main | A Summary Of All ETech 2006 Podcasts From TechNewsRadio.com »
Saturday, April 01, 2006
TECH NEWS RADIO #276 | 060401 | AT&T, Wireless, Palm Pilot, Windows CE, HDML, RIM, Apple Newton, Hammerhead
We thank our sponsor AT&T PocketNet business services which provides you with a dedicated customizable email account and a 500-KB monthly allowance of data transactions and 20 fax pages a month.
Key articles mentioned in this article:
- Sean Keating recommends moving focus away from the US Robotics Pilot 1000 to Windows Consumer Electronics (CE) devices.
- Alain Rossman from Unwired Planet says that Handheld Device Markup Language (HDML) is ideal for "superphones" from Motorola-Uniden using CDPD networks or the new Qualcomm CDMA networks.
- Steve Mann thinks that Research In Motion's Inter@ctive Pager has great potential as a development platform.
- Andrew Seybold makes an assertion that Microsoft handheld PCs will ultimately rule the marketplace.
- Yours truly -- makes the case that the Apple Newton MessagePad 2000 is an ideal mobile device to be the foundation of your future enterprise mobile architecture. [NOTE: Just because I bleed six colors and in the Newton Hall of Fame does not mean I am biased.]
- The WalkAbout Computer's Hammerhead 586 seems ideal for running Windows 95 or Windows 3.1 or DOS in a "slate" form-factor.
Other links or items mentioned in this podcast:
- Dan Klass @ The Bitterest Pill (who apparently plans to start charging listeners for podcasts)
- Friends In Tech (FIT) (which has no affiliations with FIT@NYC)
- Adam Curry
- Official wine of the podcast: Fetzer Valley Oaks Gewurztraminer
- Grape Radio
- HyperText Markup Languages (HTML)
- World Wide Web (WWW)
- General Magic
- Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC)
- 160-MHz StrongARM processor
- Newton Internet Enabler 1.1
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference TECH NEWS RADIO #276 | 060401 | AT&T, Wireless, Palm Pilot, Windows CE, HDML, RIM, Apple Newton, Hammerhead: