Friday, April 08, 2005
Tech Rag Tear Outs (TRTO) #024 [PC World, PC Magazine, InfoWorld, Linux Journal, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, ACM Queue, Computer Reseller News, Network World, and KM World]
The 24th podcast of Tech Rag Tear Outs has been posted. Here are the detailed show notes:
- (00:00-03:26) Introduction
- (03:27-18:30) Primary Content
- PC World:
- XANDROS v3 with CrossOver Office
- “Windows Software Add-Ons” by Steve Bass:
- Free Codecs that enable Windows Media Player to play QuickTime and Real-Player content
- Brain Betty that offers a host of PowerPoint templates and presentation design examples
- PC Magazine:
- “Blog and Wiki Best Practices” with mentions of Six Apart’sMoveableType 3.15 and TWiki
- Novell's BrainShare conference talks up Linux Desktop 10
- “Test Center” examines “four Java integrated developer environments” from Borland, IBM, Oracle, and Sun.
- "Test Center Special Report" that focuses on the NikSun NetVCR 2005 appliance that scored an 8.8 out of 10.0.
- LINUX JOURNAL:
- “Introducing Ardour”: A “high-end” Linux recording studio with many pro-audio hard-disk recording (HDR) features.
- Dr. Dobb’s Journal:
- ACM Queue:
- Computer Reseller News (CRN):
- Network Instruments with their Gigabit Ethernet Network Test Access Points (nTAPS)
- Paula Rooney has a preview of Microsoft’s Mobile 2005
- KM World:
- Hyperwave has released v2.1 of their eConferenceing Suite
- Network World:
- Cisco is reportedly working on a new application oriented network (AON) that will enable acceleration of XML and other messaging services. Some startups in this area include: Conformative, DataPower, and Sarvega.
- If you are doing a VoIP implementation then you’ll want to check out the article entitled “New Tools Quantify VoIP Calling”.
- PC World:
- (18:31-21:50) Closing
- Close out with awesome blues harmonica music called “Disinterested-Wedding-Song” from Billy Watson
- To leave audio comments call: 206-337-1533
- Have a great day!
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Tech Rag Tear Outs (TRTO) #024 [PC World, PC Magazine, InfoWorld, Linux Journal, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, ACM Queue, Computer Reseller News, Network World, and KM World]:
Thanks for these websites ressources, try these also for free powerpoint templates : http://www.powerpointstyles.com and http://www.freepptfiles.com
Also, nice website, keep it up!
Posted by: Jenny | Jul 28, 2010 5:59:05 AM